Avalara names head of Latin America, announces 17 new integrations
Tax automation software provider Avalara has named a new managing director of its Latin America operations and integrated its system with over a dozen other programs.
Alessandra Almeida, who will be based in Avalara’s São Paulo office, will oversee day-to-day operations in Brazil, charged with aligning strategy and goals for Avalara’s business in the region.
This announcement follows Avalara’s February appointment of Steve Lomax, who joined Avalara to serve as managing director of Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Since going public last year, Avalara has been growing quickly, setting its sights on global markets for expansion.
Almeida comes with more than 30 years of experience across banking, technology and other services, and has led sales and services operations for multinational companies. She most recently served as chief operating officer for the Americas at TMF Group, a Europe-based provider of high-value business services. She also spent more than 15 years with SAP in various roles where she was responsible for business and sales operations, growth strategy and customer relationship management.
“Brazil has one of the most complex indirect tax systems in the world, and Avalara offers a cloud-based tax solution for businesses of all sizes,” Almeida said in a statement. “I’m thrilled to join the Avalara team where I can leverage my experience to support the company’s ambitious vision and strategic growth initiatives.”
What Almeida said is true — Brazil’s tax system is notoriously difficult to parse, which has prevented many foreign companies from opening their doors there.
Pascal Van Dooren, EVP International at Avalara, commented, “Alessandra brings a sought-after combination of innovative leadership skills, a deep understanding of business operations, and a passion for working closely with partners and customers, which we expect will drive positive outcomes in what is a very important market for us. We’re excited to welcome her on board as managing director of Brazil.”
Separately, Avalara has added 17 new certified integrations with accounting, ERP, e-commerce, point-of-sale, mobile commerce and CRM software applications. A major part of Avalara’s success depends on its partners, as the company’s goal is to be a part of “every transaction in the world.”
The latest group of Avalara Certified integrations includes:
- 1stdibs, an online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects in furniture, fashion, fine art and jewelry;
- Acclamare (from TKO Software), which provides wholesale distribution software;
- Accounting Seed, an accrual accounting and ERP solution that tracks financial data through the business lifecycle;
- CommentSold, a social commerce platform that connects retailers to online shoppers, and hosts live sales events and manages day-to-day retail operations, with automated invoicing, sales analytics, customer data, and inventory and order management;
- GOAT, an online marketplace for men’s and women’s collectible and used sneakers;
- Integral (by Party Plan Solutions), a cloud-based software application for the direct-selling party-planning market;
- INxSQL, a fully integrated ERP system designed specifically for wholesalers, distributors, manufacturer's representatives and industrial resellers;
- MACH Software, an order management solution, including order processing, inventory control/management, warehouse management, accounting, purchasing, point of sale and more;
- Poshmark, an online marketplace for secondhand designer fashion;
- Retail Pro International, which provides retail management software;
- Reverb, an online marketplace where users can buy and sell new, used and vintage musical instruments;
- Sitecore Experience Commerce (by XCentium), an enterprise commerce solution that delivers a personalized experience;
- Sunsoft Cloud ERP (TRX), a workflow software solution for the food service industry;
- Synergy International, a software solution for catering, rental, hospitality and staff scheduling;
- Teamwork Retail POS (by Retail Cloud Technologies), which provides mobile, tablet-driven cloud computing to midsize retailers;
- UltraCart, which provides e-commerce tools for online shopping carts, payment processing, marketing and affiliate management, shipping systems, product fulfillment and accounting systems;
- Zoey e-commerce, a platform for B2B and B2C merchants, featuring drag-and-drop design tools allowing merchants to create customized designs.